Tuesday, January 23, 2024

 Project Management

  • For most projects, I use a Gantt Chart. But I never work off "% complete" - too vague. I break the project down into discrete deliverables (milestones) and the steps necessary to achieve that deliverable (tasks). E.g., a part spec, an SOP, an equipment installation and validation, and so on., which are easier to evaluate as to completion. The more unfamiliar I am with the project, the more discrete milestones I include. With inspection resolution, each observation is it's own deliverable / milestone. When I have parallel activities to track, I supplement the Gantt (day-to-day management) with a network diagram (CPM, PERT) which is infrequently updated, to show the parallel activities and the critical path. -- jel@jelincoln.com





No comments:

Post a Comment